Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Narrative

One day I received a text from my friend Alex telling me to come over and we would head up to Orlando for a party. I hopped in my Prelude and drove over to his house.





When I walked in he was sitting on his computer playing World of Warcraft. I asked him when we were going to leave, but he was so engulfed in his own little world he completely ignored me.



I began watching him cast bolt after bolt on Festergut. These magical powers drew me back to the Lord of the Rings and Gandalf the main wizard of the story.


In one part of the Fellowship of the Ring movie Gandalf is asked why he was late, and he responds a wizard is never late he arrives precisely when he means too. One very admirable aspect of Gandalf is the fact that he does not care what others think.

I quickly came back to reality and realized we were going to be late. So I shut off Alex's alienware laptop and told him we had to go. We got to the party late, but I didn't mind because image isn't everything.







No comments:

Post a Comment